Our domestic nylon double braid dock lines are individually hand crafted with rope manufactured by AnchorLift Direct. Each dock line is hand spliced and whipped at the throat and bitter end of the line to ensure maximum strength and durability. The high strength, abrasion resistance & controlled elasticity of our nylon double braid dock lines make them the ideal choice for anchoring, docking & mooring. The double braided construction & tough nylon fiber make up the strongest & most shock absorbing dock line available for these uses. The end result is dependability, long life & true lasting performance!
• Whipped with Waxed Seine Twine
• Available diameters ranging from 3/8″ to 1″
• Eyes are hand spliced, whipped and sewn at throat and bitter end
|Part #||Nominal Diameter||Circ
per 100 Ft
Nylon rope has three characteristics that make it ideal for dock line:
- Strength: Nylon rope is incredibly strong, Nylon’s value of strength is self-evident, but the benefits of elasticity may not be as obvious.
- Elasticity: It will “stretch”, when your boat surges against an unyielding dock line, the load on the line goes from zero to the maximum at the instant the nylon line comes taut. The likely consequence is a broken line, not unlike how you might snap a piece of thread with a jerk. Even if the nylon rope is strong enough not to break, it is hammering cleats and bitts with every surge. Nylon rope doesn’t come taut suddenly, but dissipates the load by stretching.
- Durability: Resists the harmful effects of sunlight better than any synthetics, as for nylon ropes resistance to ultraviolet damage, dock lines, particularly permanent dock lines, live in the sun. Nylon lines enjoy a much longer life than other materials in that environment.
Choose from 19 vibrant colors!
2 week turn-around time.